View Single Post
Old 10-04-13, 04:52 PM   #60
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
Robaroni,

I have 40 each, 230 watt panels, total 9.2k. I refuse to adjust my panel tilt any more. I've got one good arm and leg. And wont ask for help any more for help with my money situation, it's just wrong. My solar sales guy, Lon from Sun Valley solar, found in the USA, within the Sun Power community, a few 245, 72 module panels. SunPower only makes 92 module panels, 345 watt panels. The two factories that make SunPower panels, has converted to the 345w panel. For me the 245w panels are much cheaper and identical to the size that I already have. I'm adding 10 - 245w panels for a new total of 11,650w system. With cooling shop down, with 12k btu heat pump and fixed tilt, I'll hope I'll be able to over generate a little.
Vern,
I wouldn't worry too much about tilt. It's nice if you have it but not imperative. My first panel mounts were fixed. When I built them I set the angle for the best winter sun as that's when I needed it most since I wasn't feeding the grid with those panels at the time.
I think if you set them up for a good compromise angle in your area you won't lose that much, especially considering how much power you're making right now. Adding a few modules makes up the difference pretty fast.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote