View Single Post
Old 08-05-20, 07:58 AM   #739
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaroni View Post
PB,
Nice with the Plasma CNC. I thought about building one for my Plasma but wound up building jigs to cut straight lines and arcs because I didn't plan on going commercial and I was in them middle of a project.

I see we have a lot of commonality in our work. I'm doing mostly embedded uC's in C and assembly language along with electronic circuit design.
I do run metal lathes and mills and have a small bench top CNC lathe that does mostly aluminum but will do steels if I take smaller cuts. (I run Mach3 CAM)
I did this part in CNC (1/4" thick 1018) but it took about an hour and a half because I had to use an 1/8" endmill to make sure I could do the contour justice. (It's for a tower clock in a local village). Plasma would have knocked it off in 10 minutes, I'm retired so I have time for these long cuts!
I love that clock project so much.
I have a 3D printer and CNC plasma is not really that different.
Except I have to use my tractor to load the steel on to the table.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Robaroni (08-05-20)