View Single Post
Old 07-24-17, 10:14 AM   #6
gtojohn
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default model information

Here's what I have:
Ruud Uapc-024jaz built 9/2005, came with copeland scroll zr21ka pfv-130, matched with 2 ton adp txv coil. Replaced compressor with 2008 copeland zp21ke pfv-130. Original run cap 35mf new one requires 40mf.

I tried tweaking it this weekend trying to get more temperature differential out the vents, as the high side pressure went much above 160 the amps did go way up to get 16f of cooling diff. Probably the txv closing and liguid backing up. 150-160 seems to be the sweet spot with 14f cooling. Also amps seems to go up considerably more with the ambient temp compared to what I normally see. 6-6.5 with 100f ambient, unloads to 5 amps at 95f. I do have a 2 ton 15 seer american standard right next to it for comparison, it pulls 7.2 amps and unloads to about 6.8 when its 85f. I'm using infrared for my line temps which I don't always trust. I will try to dig up some probes for better results.

Being a mismatch of compressor and refrigerant I don't have a manual for such, and when I finished welding in the compressor at midnight I didn't bother weighing in the refrigerant. I just charged it until I got the superheat down. Understand it was a gamble to begin with and I didn't think it would work. I've probably lost some cooling, nu22 already cools about 6% less than r22. It does seem I should be getting some economy from getting a good suction pressure temp with only 160psi head on a compressor designed to operate at 400psi.