View Single Post
Old 12-29-13, 11:50 PM   #3
David
David

Hello jeff,

Thank you for your reply
I do not have an agricultural business as a matter of fact I grow cacti succulents and in particular caudiciforms.
I have a mains water supply and do not depend upon my 'well' . I had the well drilled to save my 60 year old golden elm. When the system was being 'proven' my drillers word a large amount of water was forced back into the well under high pressure. When this was released the equivalent of an oil gusher occurred with the water pouring out. This was to establish a good water head as it causes the sides of the bore to collapse and in turn to be expelled. The question at the time was what to do with all of this water. I jumped at the opportunity to pour it on to my drought stricken elm. Bad move. The water was highly saline ( as I later found out) . This course of action was the last straw. My elm never recovered. I have since chopped it down. A sad sad day.
I do not depend upon my small parcel of land for a livelihood and have high quality mains pressure drinking water. I only want to rescue something from this financial wreckage ... at the moment all I have is an high pressure fire extinguisher. Green lawns and healthy trees are my sole objective.

I do not want to throw good money after bad.

I have been wondering about using the power of the sun distill this latent asset. I do not have room for a salt pan.

I throw my self at the feet of the international community to come up with a good idea.I am not going to shoot myself over it but it is in my nature to nibble away until i find a cheap and simple way of using this water.

kind regards

David
David is offline   Reply With Quote