View Single Post
Old 01-27-11, 02:06 AM   #4
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Interesting.

That does seem like quite high usage for a house the other then the dryer doesn't have any major electric loads however I estimate my "usage" to be comparable if I remove all of the major electric loads but the stove.

My place is twice the size on vancouver island so possibly colder and the december/january bill was 2567kwh for 62 days. roughly 1280 a month and that includes space heating, hot water, dryer, stove... 270kwh/month is my calibrated estimate of hot water heating so that's 1010 left over to account for. Looking at a summer bill with minimal AC I figure heating added probably 350 kwh. so we're down to a baseline of 660 kwh/month. In summer my baseline would be roughly 400 kwh/month. I know that I used 134 kwh on the laundry (including hotwater generation) and most of that is dryer. during the summer most of those loads would be clothes line so my winter/summer base is getting closer and more likely to be correct.

I'll be very curious to see what major loads you find. My bets are on a PC, the fridge and maybe a freezer.
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote