View Single Post
Old 06-18-14, 02:51 PM   #21
Higgy
The Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Y'all do what you feel is best... Feel free to vote with your wallet. But if you believe a forty dollar black box is going to protect you from Jason Bourne or Morpheus, you're wrong. What it will protect you from is your fear. You can sleep at night knowing the 12-year old next door isn't playing halo or command and conquer on your connection. And, of course, the multitudes of technically illiterate individuals randomly surfing the most common websites on the planet will have to find their own way. Don't worry, they will never learn how to crack that cisco router.

As for me, I will continue mercilessly leeching off the large corporate chains who have decided to offer a free connection in 99% of their storefronts, as well as the giving souls who don't lock their wifi connections. You can continue to pay three bills, totaling hundreds of dollars every month. I just don't see the value in it.
But you ARE the one paying those bills...

All I'm doing is warning you. I don't live in fear, I live smart, because I know there are stupid people out there. It's the same reason we teach our kids not to talk to strangers.

I show my generosity in different ways, but because I don't hand out my internet connection to every Tom, Dick and Harry, doesn't mean I'm not charitable. My internet, on the other hand, is locked down to keep me and my data safe, same way I lock the doors to my home.

You can do whatever you want to your wifi, I don't care. All I was just trying to do was be a good samaritan by letting you know the dangers of doing so.

Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote