View Single Post
Old 07-08-13, 12:36 PM   #4
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Why do you need to replace some of the oil?

How much do you think you need to replace?

-AC
Well , the system was running OK for several days .

This weekend , I got around to finish insulating the liquid & suction lines ( I had left the last few inches " bare " so I could flare the ends ) , and the service valves .

I dumbed up and bent the liquid line around , a tad , to make it easier to insulate . Should have left well enough alone . :-(

Few hours latter , I noticed the unit did not seem to be cooling . Went out side and noticed a wet spot on the concrete . I guessed I did not get things insulated completely & it was still sweating , some .

Stuck my finger in it & it was not water ! It was oil . Unwrapped the insulation & the flare nut on the liquid line was leaking oil & a little refrigerant .

The oil on the concrete was about 10" by 4" . I put the gauges on it & it still has a few pounds of pressure . I shut the service valves off .

Since I posted this question , early this AM , I talked to factory technical assistance . He said the unit is charged with a lot of oil , to compensate for long line sets . He said , for no more than that , he would not add any .

I also asked him if what kind of poly ester oil . He said it was the same used in big R410a units .

So , that is where I am , as of now .

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote