View Single Post
Old 06-26-13, 03:04 PM   #20
dremd
Need More Eco

Send a message via AIM to dremd

I'm still very interested, I've pretty much decided to start with 1 unit (there are now 6,500 BTU, 8,000 BTU, and 10,000 BTU units), draw water from the unused well, and return it to bayou, that way I don't have very much pump head, and fairly low sediment (esp at lower flow rates). Next step is selecting pump, I'd like one that could self prime, if not I'll have to engineer some sort of anti-drain back system (check valve??). Any pump suggestions?

I'm fairly settled on a tube in tube heat exchanger with the hottest 5 feet being copper, and the remainder (maybe 25 more feet) being PEX with a high temp shutoff located at the junction of the copper outer pipe to the PEX outer pipe. A thermal disc should work great, its only there so that when pumping fails I don't cook the PEX + likely the unit. I've seen few TXV's in that size range, anyone have a reliable source?

Biggest hold up is MY TDI swap which is taking WAY longer than anticipated.
After that, next up grade will be a NEST with 8k as stage one and 10k +8k as stage 2.
Advantages of NEST for me
Humidity monitoring (biggest reason A/C runs there)
De-humidifier trigger (may add regular de-humidifier on a solid state relay)
Ability to monitor + control A/C's remotely so I can have it cool at arival.
no need to cycle Blower to sample air (wasteful of energy and makes extra noise when sleeping)
dremd is offline   Reply With Quote