View Single Post
Old 10-30-12, 12:14 PM   #90
Daox
Administrator

Time for more updates. I am NOT a fast working carpenter at all I've found out. But, everything seems to be going together.

Friday night I went and got some materials. Since I remove four trash cans full of plaster, I wanted to put some thermal mass back into the wall. To do this I bought 1/2" concrete backer board that will go on the wall first. To go over the top is a higher density 1/2" drywall. This won't equal the thermal mass of all the plaster that I removed, but with the addition of the insulation and better air sealing it should more than make up for it.

I had been discussing thermal mass options with the guys here: http://ecorenovator.org/forum/conser...s-drywall.html

The next bit of work was done on the in wall entertainment cabinet that I'm making. I sized it, cut the hole in the wall, and framed it all in.

After that was done, I could finally put up the two remaining wall joists that I had not nailed down. I wanted to be sure I'd have room to get the cabinet in.

So, I'm pretty much down to adding power outlets on the wall, taking care of a few switches that were by the old door, and then putting in the concrete board so that it can be insulated. Then, this project will sit on the back burner until I get the outside work done on the solar panels. Thats the plan at least...
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote