View Single Post
Old 09-12-08, 08:57 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

We all have our reasons for doing the things we do. I think saving money is probably on everyones list. Some people are willing to go farther and spend more than others and thats fine too. I think the fact that you are at least doing something is much better than nothing, even if it isn't the most environmentally friendly option.

For me personally, I guess money is a big factor (I too only have so much). However, I am willing to go a bit further. I got into ecodriving and ecomodding vehicles to save money with the long commute I used to have (its still not real short). Hanging around with those folks opened my eyes to a lot of other things. I used to care about the enviroment, but if it meant spending more I forgot all about it. Now, its a main priority after seeing a few presentations on the proof of global warming and other things. Also, national security and energy independance is huge to me. We rely soooo much on foreign countries for fuel and other things. What would happen if they cut us off (or jack up prices like they are doing right now)? We'd be totally shut down or at the best limping sorely along. It has happened before. Unfortunately, if you aren't a part of the solution to this, you are part of the problem. There are so many easy and useful things people can do to help. Every bit you put back not only helps you, but it helps everyone else too.

So, I guess thats kinda my brief list of reasons for doing this. I'm really looking forward to seeing the community grow and see what comes of it all. I'm also excited to see other people's projects move forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote