View Single Post
Old 09-12-15, 05:41 PM   #1
kenora
Lurking Renovator

Default Using a dual battery solar charger properly

I just received a duo battery charger from China.. Unfortunately the instructions are not very clear at beat and don't address the situation I bought it for. I'm hoping that someone here can answer some questions for me before I wreck something.

I have a 70 watt Coleman solar panel. I currently use it to charge/maintain the battery of my plow truck during the winter... the truck sometimes sits for a month or more at -30 or colder and when I need it to start I just can't afford a dead battery. I have been using the single battery charge controller it came with.

So far so good... This year i plan on onsimultaneously charging and maintaining my garden tractors battery... It has a front mounted snowblower and is a bear to start if the battery is low..

Consequently I bought the duo charger...

My concern is regarding its charging logic.. Can I unplug either the truck or tractor independantly without damaging the charge controller or solar panel.. Truck is battery 1 tractor battery 2.

Should I add a switch in the solar panel feed to the controller to turn off all power to the controller when unhooking a vehicle?

Thanks... I looking forward to learning more

Last edited by kenora; 09-12-15 at 08:36 PM..
kenora is offline   Reply With Quote