View Single Post
Old 01-25-15, 09:36 PM   #7
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

BBP,

https://www.heatspring.com is running some free seminars, as a way to encourage people to take their (too expensive) courses. But there is a lot of good info in the courses, and Siegenthaler has given some good ones on low temperature heating and cooling.

From viewing his pre-recorded presentations, I get the feeling that he has read through some of the most progressive entries from EcoRenovator. More likely, we're drinking from the same well... but it took him a long time to come around.

He is all about high efficiency, low-mass, low delta-T, to get the required heating and cooling. And he is pushing ceiling and wall heating and cooling, and saying very little about floors.

Seems a bit odd to me, since a floor is the best place to put a radiant heating panel, even when you are talking about ultra high efficiency, and very low delta-T.

I did a search for Siegenthaler's PDFs and recent presentations on "Low Water Temperature Hydronic Distribution Systems" and this is what I found CHECK_IT_OUT.

But he really knows his stuff, and it's worth seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobillpatrick View Post
I'm getting too old (73) to build the planned house up in Teller County Colorado... That would be a 14hr. drive to get to my daughter's house for medical help in DFW area in Tx... So I will be moving to Tx. instead. Need to be close to grandkids.
I can certainly understand your decision, and the motivation for it. But still, it makes me a bit sad, since you have done so much of the fundamental design work on you mountain dream.

I hope that others will find the work you have done and recognize the value in it.

It would take a powerful force to move a man from a mountain in Colorado, and make him want to go to Dallas.

Yeah, grandkids would certainly are a power draw!

I wish you the best. I'm sure you will find some 'energy mischief' to get into.

Keep us posted.

With great appreciation,

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 01-25-15 at 09:39 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (01-25-15)