View Single Post
Old 01-27-14, 09:59 PM   #7
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Renovator View Post
Sorry to hear that they don't have the Flir.
You actually would depressurize the house with the fans blowing out because this causes air to get sucked in through the gaps making them more visible because the air flow will travel over the surfaces the air is coming in through. The fans I'm going to use are standard 2 foot by 2 foot(roughly) box fans. I have slider windows so I open the window to the width of the fan and use cheap painters plastic sheeting(cardboard or most other solid things that can be cut to size work too) and tape to seal the gap at the top. You could probably manage to get enough air flow with 2 box fans in place into whatever window(s) that you can fit them into the easiest.
No need to add fans. Just turn on all the bathroom exhaust fans and that would probably do the trick. Or if the HVAC system is in the attic or garage, pull the evaporator cover (good time to inspect and clean the coil) and turn on the fan.