View Single Post
Old 01-12-16, 10:58 AM   #3
pletby
Renewable Energy Nut

Here's the insulation I used. All that was available in my neck of the woods yesterday. Four packs required. $16 for whole project. Elbows and T's were a couple bucks each. Nope!

Here's the hot water tank/furnace area.

These are my first attempts at elbow joints. Yes I know you can buy them but since only my wife has a job right now and I'm healing up .. I decided to make my own. I will replace these first joints. Then I figured it out:

Much better! I actually used a square to get the angle right and DID NOT cut through the back of the elbow so it held together tight when closed.

This is just above the hot water tank. Which is right beside the furnace, which is right under the bathroom... Where will I put a non pressurized hot water tank for solar domestic hot water? Right under this mess.

This is not quite halfway to the kitchen sink, over my rec room door.

After insulation. I haven't yet installed insulation to a utility sink that is off to the left. I probably will today as I have half a pack of insulation left. See that nasty masking tape over the furnace duct? Ack! Will soon be replaced by foil tape. You can see the spray foam around the duct outlet to the upstairs. I had some big gaps where you could see clean into the next floor no problem.
pletby is offline   Reply With Quote