View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 10:02 AM   #5
The master plan
Helper EcoRenovator

Well, I bought it but have to run back and get it with a trailer. The guy had it running a total loss system in a 40 ft well pumping 8 gal a min. He got tired of replacing well pumps and pressure tanks. Claimed he could heat his house for $40 a month with oil or wood as back-up or when it got real cold.

It looks real clean and you can clean out the heat exchanger on this one. Paid $175 for it and he is throwing in a flow regulator and few other things.

Said it was a 4 ton unit, the compressor is a big sucker! I have a big 220volt 24-27k BTU window unit that maybe use that compressor and cap off the 4 ton for future expansion. He was pulling 5 degrees out of the water while running at 8 GPM Being I have only 1,200 feet of pipe in the ground it might cycle too much. I have room to put another 1,200 maybe 1,800 ft more...if I can get some good results out of the first loop.

Not much to the inside of it, no electronics just a pressure switch and couple of relays. If I did have it opened up and switch compressor I would put in a reversing valve so I could cool with it also.

Can't believe the draw...28 amps! What would running amps average?

Any input or ideas?

Last edited by The master plan; 10-29-12 at 10:05 AM..
The master plan is offline   Reply With Quote