View Single Post
Old 01-14-09, 08:36 PM   #3
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Here's the plan, such as it is:

Step 1: make a stand for the bike

Step 2: attach the motor to the stand so it spins off the rear tire somehow

Step 3: pedal like crazy, and hook the motor wires to the battery when the RPM/voltage is high enough to feed juice to the battery (rather than have the battery spin the motor). Generate lots of "free" power.

Step 4: Reap the fruits of better living through physics and chemistry! Or something.

Today I did step 1, and ended up with this:

Ghetto bike stand made out of scrap wood!

I was going to use a discarded shipping pallet for the wood, but found some other scraps, so I didn't have to spend time disassembling a pallet. Yay.

I've already test ridden it. Functional & stable! Next time, I'll post how I put it together. Though it's obviously tailored for this specific bike, you could probably adapt the approach for any bike.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote