View Single Post
Old 01-02-18, 04:43 PM   #154
antdun
Lurking Renovator

I've been looking over our data it's interesting how different our production is in a couple ways. Your roof appears to be a 4/12 and 3/12 pitch or something close to that whereas mine is 5/12. Also that tree you speak of is involved. Around October my system begins producing more power than yours even though yours is 1.18 kW larger than mine. I believe this is because as the sun is lowering in the sky heading towards the winter solstice my panels are on a steeper roof angling the panels closer to the sun's winter angle so my panels continue getting a little more power later in the year. Then your tree also becomes an issue since the sun is staying lower in the sky causing the shadow to run across your roof whereas my roof has zero shading any time of day. On your daily charts there's a noticeable dent in the power production in the morning repeated daily from that tree. That dent doesn't exist in the summer though, so I wonder if just removing a couple feet off the top of the tree would be sufficient?

I'm looking forward to having some spring data to compare, and also I'm looking forward to when I have an entire year of data to review. My favorite part is not buying any power from the grid! Right now I'm very nearly breaking even on my all time consumption minus all time production since my system went online August 15th.
Attached Images

Roostre (01-04-18)