Thread: Ben's Garage
View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 07:33 AM   #155
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Still a few more things to do on the garage.

The main ones are:
1. A retaining wall on the west side of the building. I need to bring the ground up by about 2 feet to not only help with the slope, but also to make the height of the building low enough vs the ground. (The County was a REALL pain in the butt about height restrictions!)

2. Gutters. Erosion is already pretty bad where the rain drips right off the roof.

3. Snow holds. I need some of those thing-a-majiggers that keep snow from melting and sliding off the roof all as one sheet. I was originally planning on NOT using any, but I talked to a gutter guy, and he said that sheets of snow car tear gutters right off.

4. Upstairs flooring and hand-rail. The floor upstairs is just OSB sheet wood. I need some sort of flooring up there. Probably going with a cheap cork tile. I also want to build a hand-rail (likely out of steel pipe) to go around the scary staircase hole.

In other news, I finally have a FULL month of data on my solar system. In August 2017, my solar panels produced 835 kWh of energy! That's about 5% higher than my original estimates! That's also more energy than I normally use in a month, so I will definitely get a credit.

I've only gotten one electric bill since commissioning the solar system, and that was only for about HALF a month of solar. That electric bill was reduced by $68 compared to the previous month.

EXACTLY how large the credit is, and how it's applied, I won't know until I get my next bill.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-04-17), Fordguy64 (08-04-17)