View Single Post
Old 02-21-14, 04:06 PM   #19
BeerGrylls
Lurking Renovator

Default spring is coming

Hi All,
Firstly, many thanks pinballooking for the offer. Unfortunately I haven't found a suitable HX yet. If I do find one in the states I would definitely appreciate some help with shipping. Secondly, there is no progress except doing lots of reading and searching for HXs. This is a high pressure unit and there aren't any HX I can afford around this corner of the world, or other places. I am also studying the design of this pump and others as well, to see why and how they are built they way they are.
Thirdly, what is a boost inductor for the active pfc in laymen terms ?
Last night I pulled the entire indoor unit apart due to noise and vibration, was trying to rip itself off the bulkhead. I found out: the centrifugal blower end support it is really bad design, and those little Chinese children assembling the unit forgot to add grease in this rubber end sleeve suporting the blower on one end. Now it is packed with grease and running smoothly, at least for some time...
Since there is no HX in sight, I have been thinking of stripping all the alu fins off the outdoor hx, unfold it flat ( it us L shaped now) and put it in a black box with a perspex or acrylic glass screen and mount it on the boat transom. When real warm weather comes I will first evacuate the unit and start chopping it up. I am really afraiud of how much a company will quote me for the gas recovery, been thinking better find a recovery machine on ebay, do my work with it and sell it again...
Anyway, this is as much info I have for the moment. Been really happy with the unit so far. About 7.8kw/day average. We had about 2 weeks of -10 degrees, ice around the boat, but not touching the hull. Boat was warming the water around it.
Another hx alternative I have been thinking about - buy a used cheap big indoor unit, strip the hx as it is compact and put it in some sort of casing.
Cheers from the warm boat.
F
BeerGrylls is offline   Reply With Quote