View Single Post
Old 05-07-15, 07:35 AM   #7
adeyo
Lurking Renovator

Currently my 3000 square-foot farmhouse uses 3780 kW a month. I'm installing a 9 kW PV system and I hope to take a few energy-saving measures to get my monthly usage down to around 1800 kW per month . Even if I accomplish this goal, which is certainly feasible in my situation, that still puts me at 60 kW a day. My PV system and my climate should produce 25 kW per day. Although I am thrilled with this technology coming to market and have been waiting for something like it, a 10 kW Tesla battery pack will do very little if anything for me. Even if I strung nine of these together I would only be covering a day and a half of my energy usage in the case of a power outage. Plus, I would not even be able to fill it up in the case of a power outage because my whole days solar supply would go straight to running my refrigerators and a few other essentials for the day. Unfortunately, I believe these units have an amperage limits of 8.6 amps, which will cover my well pump pretty much with very little else in my home running. (7.8amp draw). At $3,500 which does not include the inverter, I have a hard time seeing how this would be worth it at this point. It is a start though!
adeyo is offline   Reply With Quote