View Single Post
Old 12-10-14, 03:35 PM   #27
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Resol Controllers and Runtal Radiators

If you would like I can help you setup your controller to automatically adjust your pump speed shortly after start up.

What's cool about doing this is.. it's very easy to see if you slowed it down too too much because no water will return to your storage tank.

I'm sure you can hear the water returning when it's pumping now.

What I did was set mine to return at 60% pump speed after startup... then 50 then... 40 and as far down as 30% pump speed while each time listening for the water returning from the collectors. I finally settled in at around 40% pump speed.

The people I purchased my evac tube collectors from told me the collectors will collect more heat by moving the water thru the collecters slower, so that's why I went that route.

If you would like me to tell you how to adjust the collector pump speed using your controller I can make a post right here with step by step instructions.

Once you get the hang of it.. you'll be entering the SETUP mode of your controller in seconds making all kinds of adjustements to 'differential settings' Delta T etc... 12/6 or 12/4 or 10/4 or whatever you want the turn ON/OFF settings to be.

Shortly after getting my controller hooked up I called the MFG and they walked me thru the controller SETUP process step by step.

I never forgot it.

Radiators:
Yes.. Runtal radiators are very thin steel... so they are SUPER to radiate heat rathern then using a regular baseboard or older style radiator.

VERY EXPENSIVE but I found my 15 foot long Runtal on Craigslist for $75 bucks. WHAT a score!

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote