View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 12:13 PM   #12
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I would like to come back to this post. It has been about two years I have had this plasma cutter. I have done a lot more welding projects since then. I have a bigger welder now a Hobart 210.
Unless you are cutting a lot of thin stuff, I would not buy this cutter. It did do a pretty good job cutting the hinges off my tractor bucket.
The cuts are not very clean you have to do to much work getting the steel ready to use. It is just much simpler to cut the steel another way. I have many ways to cut thin steel.
The steel I have issues cutting is ½” and 5/8”. This cutter cannot handle steel this thick.
I am actually trying to sell this cutter right now.

I hope to cut clean enough holes to make them useful. Good hole saws are expensive.

I just ordered a new plasma cutter Cutmaster 60i 25% off sale helped and rebate helped. This should cut the things I want to weld.
From the videos I have watched it looks like you can cut clean enough to use the steel without much cleanup.

The Cutmaster 60i specs.
"Up to 3/4 in. (20 mm) recommended cut capacity with maximum sever of 1-1/2 in. (38 mm) and 3/4 in. (20 mm) pierce capability"
https://www.esabna.com/us/en/product...master-60i.cfm
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 05-12-19 at 09:58 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-10-19)