View Single Post
Old 10-19-11, 08:42 AM   #4
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
I think you edited out of your original post, some comment about how the workmen were complaining about how so much extra work was going into housing for the poor... Ha, ha, ha!!!
-AC_Hacker
Yep, I was drifting off topic a bit, but the fact of the matter is that super insulating houses and retrofitting them like this is causing a non profit that functions off grants to see a positive cash flow, but it is sad that a few of the people who are working on it don't think it's worth while to pay attention to the details that help so much and if poor people can live in a house like this for a year or two it's going to give them some new ideals to work to, where most poor people get the hand me down junk that no one else wants.

The other thing that impresses me is that this is really being done, here in my neighbor hood! it's not being built on paper or in another country with tech that we can't find and it's not being built as a experiment that has to be tweaked and looked after every day but as a system in a house that is going to be rented to someone who is not even going to take care of it.

Last edited by Ryland; 10-19-11 at 08:46 AM..
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-19-11)