View Single Post
Old 05-21-17, 09:57 AM   #8
oil pan 4
Land owner

I looked at 200 to 300 of those links.
They had some general useful information, such as the vacuum concrete. Not my idea at all.
And that surface treatment chemicals are pretty much useless.
A lot of it was to do with sky scraper or bridge super strong concrete that none of us will ever be able to get ahold of. If you were to start calling around asking get for some samples I'm sure you would get a visit from department of homeland security.
Also there were a lot of links trying to sell something, of course careful not giving up any useful information.
Lots of lab studies.
Some guys with rifles shooting concrete samples. No indication on what type of concrete they used, how it was mixed or how long it was cured.
Concrete wear testing.
Both general info and lab tests on concrete repair.
More lab studies.
Sea water's effects on concrete.

For concrete testing what I'm doing with the samples is taking normal concrete, changing 1 or 2 variables and testing it against a control.
For stucco I'm going to take existing stucco and see if anything can be done to make it any better, originally I thought was going to be pointless but I have gotten good results so far.
Then last I may test out a few surface treatments to see if say existing concrete can be improved.

Possible applications are everything you mentioned and more geared toward the DIY'er. Compared to 98% everything I found was at least commercial to public works scale.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 05-21-17 at 11:20 AM..
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote