View Single Post
Old 02-15-13, 09:48 PM   #4
Exalta-STA
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Wow thanks for the quick replies.

Never thought of the drawbacks of those windows. Ill guess Ill just replace the existing ones with some sliding

glass with screens..and get the tinted ones and maybe add additional tint on it and use those thermal blinds

instead of the drapes I'm using at the moment on all the windows.

It's quite hard to dig below ground since the place gets a huge amount of rainfall and the ground is made up of

adobe..had to use a jackhammer just to dig some pillars for the garage.

Waterproofing has always been a problem for me, the paint on the interior keeps on bubbling no matter if i scrape

and reapply paint...and that happens even on the second floor of the house.

I already have a rainfall collector, all the rain collected in the roof goes to the roof gutters then gets

channeled down a pipe which I can tap with a hose to fill some barrels and buckets.

Here are some pics of the house. The satellite pics shows where the sun is coming from in the morning. (from below

the picture) the front part of the house faces SSE.

the whole side of the house absorbs the brunt of the sun in the noon till the sun sets...its the hottest side of the house...you could bake in that heat LOL. It doesnt show but at afternoon that whole side is covered with direct sunlight from top to bottom.

Exalta-STA is offline   Reply With Quote