View Single Post
Old 06-24-11, 08:53 AM   #20
Daox
Administrator

Thanks for the info Gary, I really appreciate it!

As I recall your tank is very tall. The height of the water directly effects the pressure at the bottom and thus the gradient of pressure that the wall sees, the bottom seeing the most. Since my tank is so much shorter, it shouldn't need the extra reinforcement that a taller tank would. According to all the engineering data I can find, this should tank should hold up fine. Will it bow? I'm sure it will, but wood bends a lot before it breaks.

Moving forward, I have to get measurements of the exact envelope that I'm working in. I'll be designing another frame around the tank to hold the cellulose. It will be a very low cost design being framed in 2x4s or 2x2s and covered in construction plastic as much as possible. I'll then blow cellulose into this framing and that will give me my inexpensive insulation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote