View Single Post
Old 12-02-10, 06:16 AM   #11
Daox
Administrator

I haven't experienced the abnormally high failure rate you have (I've actually had zero failures with mine), but I love having CFLs in my bathroom. I love that they aren't 100% bright right away when I get up in the morning and its dark. I really don't like getting blasted with all that light. For those times when its just a quick visit to the bathroom, I don't even bother turning the light on. We have an LED nightlight that gives me enough light to get around without any problems.

I do still use incandescent bulbs on my motion detector between the house and garage as that light only stays on for ~45 seconds and needs to be bright right away. However, I've found with my garage door that I just use a larger CFL bulb and get away with it being a little dim. I don't think you need too much light to find your car or the door out of the garage. Finding your keys at the door to your house requires a bit more light though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 12-02-10 at 06:19 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote