View Single Post
Old 02-07-11, 12:58 AM   #10
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider3700 View Post
CPU's aren't optimized to handle it so on "slower" processors like the Atom based CPU's you can really work them hard to process the video. The newer Atom's hand as much video as they can over to the GPU's but flash is one that can't be handled on GPU's last time I checked. So Youtube is handled entirely by the CPU which on an atom chip can really slow the system down.
I just tried a few full screen YouTube Videos and they played just fun, jumped forward a few times and it was pretty smooth, so at least with this CPU (dual core Intel Atom N550) I'm not seeing any issues altho Flash video did draw a bit more even from the battery but while the video was playing it still gave an estimated run time of over 3 hours, closed that window and it jumped it up to just over 5 hours left.
Not sure why, but I haven't found any common task other then gaming (not in to gaming) that this netbook has trouble with even with those who have said I should be having trouble with this or that, anything else I should try tossing at it?
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote