View Single Post
Old 12-08-11, 04:26 AM   #1025
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default The little homemade GSHP

I thought I would post the statis of the little 2Ton shop GSHP. Now that the night-time temps are dropping well below freezing -5 deg C(23F) the GSHP is running continually. The shop inside temps during the day are around 17 deg C (62F) and the office in-floor heat is 24 deg C (75F)for now comfortable. The ground loop temp has not changed still about 13 deg C but we did oversize the ground loop. I have been thinking about adding more insulation to the attic. It is now R20 fiberglass batt. After Christmas holidays and the dust settles I will start on the 3.5T HP. One other improvement thats in the works is to make some solar hot water panels for the south wall. I have them installed on my home with remarkable results. I know that the solar hot water will bring the shop up to a balmy temp but here in Ontario Canada we may not see the sun for a couple weeks and the low temps and wind will be there. So a good back-up is required.

The 2 T is doing well now but when we start to see -22 deg C I think it will have its pants full.
Even though the GSHP is running full out the prize at the end of the day is the cost for heating works out to $4.35/ day when heating with furnace oil was almost $30.00/day
Attached Images

randen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randen For This Useful Post:
b420ady (11-14-16), Roostre (01-25-18)