View Single Post
Old 10-21-15, 10:27 AM   #2
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Any other factors I should consider?
From cellulose Moony wall to un-faced R11? That's quite a decline in gumption.

You're right, R11 is better than nothing. If the rodent problem is huge, you could staple metal screen around at least the bottoms of the cavities before you start, that could help.

But to actually get R11, each cavity needs to be air sealed.

I would think that a lot of concerns about moisture and condensation inside the insulating material wouldn't apply to a garage, because the continuing moisture release that is part of a home, will be essentially absent from a garage. So issues like trapped moisture inside insulation won't apply

Are you thinking to do a Moony wall out of R11? If that's your plan, then you could do the first layer, cover it with a plastic film barrier, and then go in to the horizontal structure and more R11 and more plastic film, and then a final layer of OSB for protection and to fasten shelves and tool hangers, etc.

As for mice, they've been on the earth since the dinosaurs, and they will still be here long after the human race has succeeded in devising a way to destroy itself.

So perhaps they deserve a little respect. In the long run they may actually be smarter (or at least more fit for existence) than we are.

Best,

-AC