View Single Post
Old 10-16-12, 08:32 PM   #20
Daox
Administrator

Thankfully its not false economy. I've been talking an engineer I work with (who has done hydronic heating installs) and pressure head increases with the square of flow velocity. So, reducing flow velocity reduces pressure head very quickly.

The reason I am posting this is because I don't have real world experience with hydronic floor heating. On paper this sounds great. Talking to the few people I know who have done hydronic floor heating they say its totally possible but don't like it for the reasons I've listed (mainly the connections in the floor). I'm asking if anyone has any experience or ideas that says this is a bad idea because so and so. I have yet to really see any reason saying that this is a horrible idea because of whatever reason.

I don't think having connections in the floor is a huge issue especially if you pressure test the system before putting the flooring in. I'm on a well system so I could just hook it up to my well and crank the pressure up. Or, maybe you just pay a bit more attention to the connections you make and make sure your crimp tool is properly calibrated. I'll have to do some reading on reasons pex connections fail to help reduce the chance of failure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (09-11-14)