Thread: Ben's Garage
View Single Post
Old 01-03-17, 08:38 PM   #75
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Renovator View Post
.....if I went metal that you must tell your installing contractor to use all of the fasteners specified for a full load bearing installation otherwise you risk the metal pulling loose in the wind. Apparently it's a very common practice to not do use all of the fastener locations.....
Yes! Absolutely. I've spoken with my roofer specifically about this. Then the metal roof is the only thing holding on the solar, better make sure the roofing is on right!

For the latest on the garage, check out the blog at: Garage Progress, Jan 3 2016

Lately, we got the ends of the upstairs studded in and sheathed, cut out the window holes, put up the fascia, foamed the exterior with 1/2" urethane foam (with seams staggered from the sheathing, and the seams of the foam taped), installed the windows, and installed skylights.

That's right, SKYLIGHTS. In a garage. Ok, well, really it's in the upstairs which is going to be my home office or writing studio or whatever it is that I actually end up using it for. The skylights let in lots of natural light and I've always loved skylights wherever I've had them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote