View Single Post
Old 11-21-15, 08:45 PM   #3
gtojohn
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I'm with you, honestly max airflow is never an issue at our house. We rarely exceed low speed. The space I'm furnishing does have a 20 ft ceiling in the open vault area, but I doubt we'd ever go higher than medium speed. Most air conditioners around here push 600cfm per ton, 8000 cfm is one room would be like a tornado. The 2 fans I linked to show 6 speeds which makes me think they are constant torque or brushless dc motors, not sure, but they use half the power to move more air than other fans. In my case I'm toying with only a 300watt morningstar inverter and battery power, the difference between 60 and 30 watts is significant. But if there are no led options for the light that could be a significant flaw. I also hate to buy anything that doesn't have a normal medium light bulb base, which it seems all manufacturers quit doing after congress voted doing away with medium base incandescents; after-which they all went to candelabra and intermediate base.] I was a little surprised to find cfm and wattage info for fans. The last time I finished out a house and bought a bunch of fans was 6 years ago and the only info available was bulb size.
This is a 52" fan, 6200 cfm at 30 watts for $160 with the same 6 speed motor.Shop Harbor Breeze Platinum Aniva Bay 52-in Aged Bronze Downrod Mount Ceiling Fan with Adaptable Light Kit and Remote (3-Blade) ENERGY STAR at Lowes.com