View Single Post
Old 01-16-14, 01:48 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Using a heated mattress pad to turn down the heat more at night

I just reprogrammed my thermostat to drop down to 50F while I'm away at work each day. It stays at 70F when I am at home and awake, and its currently programmed to stay at 60F during the night when I am sleeping. I am seriously considering and wanting to drop it down to 50F during the night to see the additional energy savings. However, I am pretty sure that this is going to be fairly cool. I am trying it tonight for the first time, so we shall see how it goes over. Does any one have any tips/ideas? I'm obviously going to load up on the blankets and dress more warmly than normal.

In the event that it is too cool, I am also looking for input on heated mattress pads. I know a few people here have mentioned using them. How do you recommend using them? Do you have any suggestions on brand or any features to look for?

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 01-17-14 at 09:06 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote