View Single Post
Old 05-24-16, 12:52 PM   #104
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Default year #6!

The salvage mower runs again!

Hard to believe it's on its 6th season.

But it's definitely not happy this year. So far I've only mowed 3 times, and I'm sagging the voltage well below safe levels to get the job done in 2 cuttings (front... overnight recharge .... rear).

I've always used the guideline of not dragging a 12v battery below 10.5v under load to avoid battricide. But I'm seeing ~9.x volts this year if I want to get the job done. I expect that'll kill the batteries before too long. We'll see!

However, since I got the mower, a new source of cheap, used 12v batteries has shown up in town in the form of an electric bicycle & scooter shop. I may go see what he has available. He even offers a 30 day exchange if the used one he sells doesn't work.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-24-16)