View Single Post
Old 02-16-16, 07:42 AM   #594
natethebrown
Apprentice EcoRenovator

This is just my opinion (just me sitting behind the keyboard so I could be very wrong) but I really don't know if you need to worry about all this extra heating/heat exchanger. Here is my reasoning:
1) You where kind of behind the curve the whole build process. You just finished your vent installs only about 2 weeks ago and we (at least here in Alabama) really haven't had that many great solar days over the last two weeks. It might be possible that your fish tank and solar batteries haven't really had a true good solar charge yet.
2) You are still tweaking the entire system. It was only 8 days ago that you were still adjusting your West vents. It might be possible that there are some other minor adjustments you still need to make.

I think you might want to wait until next winter to see if you really need additional heat to your fish tank. It might be that your solar batteries and fish tank will finally be able to start the winter off in a good state that you will discover you don't need additional heat.
natethebrown is offline   Reply With Quote