View Single Post
Old 09-17-14, 05:05 PM   #9
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Rob,

Thanks for the resource and thanks for your reply.

Most of the people I know who have their own shops use "daylight" color (or temperature) lighting, usually conventional fluorescent tubes. And in the interior of their homes they want a light that is 'less blueish'.

I have often wondered why people consign their shops to having 'blueish' lighting.

It's something I've never quite understood.

What is your rationale?

-AC
AC,
When LED's started coming out in 'white' light there was a lot of 'blue' in the white because the manufacturers were working to get there chemistry right. Blue and blue/white LED's were the rage for awhile especially with the audio and car guys.
Personally I think blue in the white or true blue, can be harsh, these lights have no traces of blue in them. I go with daylight in the shop and kitchen because I have a problem with seasonal dark transitions. The daylight bulbs really help with these long dark northern winters.

By the way if you don't know, there were some studies done on CFL's and they found that the light disrupts sleep patterns. I'm going to LED's now but I expect like many of you I still have a pile of CFL's. Try not to read by CFL's just before bed is the advice I found. In my TV room I use a 2 watt warm LED bulb in the background. Nancy thinks I'm nuts but she thought that long before CFL replacement lamps ever came on the market!

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robaroni For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (09-17-14)