View Single Post
Old 02-17-14, 08:39 AM   #11
Daox
Administrator

I ended up going with something very similar. The local Menards carries Sylvania brand and I've been happy with their products in the past. The only other LED that I've bought is from them and I like it every much.

http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Do...481a01a3bf.pdf

So, here is the bulb I went with. It was a very reasonable $20. It fits a 6" can light. Its quite a bit heavier than I expected. Its also crazy bright at full brightness, rated for 1400 lumens @ 21W. Thankfully, they dim pretty well. I was only able to buy the remaining 4 that were in the store, but those 4 lights alone light up the room plenty good even with the dimmer at half. Once I get anther 2 bulbs it I'll likely dim it even lower. I like this idea because it should extend the life of the bulbs even further due to less heat build up. They also dim really nice compared to the incandescent bulbs I had just hanging in there. The incandescent bulbs get really orange when you dim them, the LEDs stay the same color temperature.

There is one issue that I have found though and that is that the lights buzz no matter the brightness. Its loud enough to be annoying. However, I am looking into the dimmer switch that I have because I think that that is likely an issue. If that doesn't fix the problem, I is very possible that I will return them.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 02-19-14 at 08:33 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote