View Single Post
Old 07-21-16, 03:18 PM   #32
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

simenad, what temp is your water entering your house?

UPDATE!!!
So I decided the dehumidifier coils were to small.
AND my guy with the free mini split backed out, so I remembered replacing my grandparents 3 ton r22 split system and decided to use that instead. Yep, 3 tons for a 5,000 btu compressor.

So I hacked the old compressor and parts out and added my tiny compressor.

Next was the indoor coils, I cut a hole in some scarp plastic and mounted my 12V fan. Then added the TXV.

I got all the electric side done, I simply just wire in all together. No switched, no sensors, just go go go. Its like a mosquito trying to suck the blood out of an elephant, IT JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. So I will have it on a timer to run when I think it best.

I added a 5 watt 120V fan to the outside coils and again used scarp plastic to fill in the gaps.

Here are the coils in the house. They are tuck away nicely. Kind of a steampunk style. I will build a wooden table to go over them one day.

And lastly I charged her up.

DATA: Charge (R290) was huge! Not sure how much but that is A LOT of copper tubing.
75 psi suction
225 psi discharge
10-13 superheat
3-6 subcooling
Its 104F outside
Pulling 3.3 amps total. This is including both fans.
Results, Drip, drip, drip, drip, SUCCESS!
Only real way to know is to see just how much water it can pull out of the air.
I might need a larger indoor fan, or figure out how to control the speed on this one. I got 3 wires. Red and Black make it go, and White I think is speed control. But I think I need a PWM thingi. Anyone know?

If it doesn't suck out enough moisture, I can always add a slightly larger compressor. But I not wasting this propane, I'll BBQ for a couple weeks as it slowly drains out. lol

Enjoy, as always please reply with ideas, concerns. Thanks guys!
Attached Images

Last edited by MEMPHIS91; 07-21-16 at 04:17 PM..
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote