View Single Post
Old 06-27-16, 02:54 PM   #12
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Gotcha, I guess I was thinking that somehow only the water went down the drain. But the salt is absorbing the moisture and becoming a solution and flowing out.

OK so I really don't mind the whole manual labor of taking the container out and letting the sun bake it. My question is how many lbs of salt would I need in order to suck about 5 gallons a day of water out of the air? I could do about 5 containers that way they were more spread out over the house. I could build 10 containers And just swap rack one out for a new one everyday.
Or build a waterfall closed loop system. Hhhhmmmm.....

EDIT: I found this on a web site for a 4lb tub. "DampRid's natural crystals effectively control musty odors caused by excess moisture for up to 60 days in areas up to 1000-square feet, and up to 6 months in a 250-square foot area, depending on temperature and conditions." So 4 lbs will do 1,000 square feet. I have 2,300 square feet so I should need 12 lbs just to be safe. Right? I don't see whats so hard in swapping this stuff out for a regenerated one? Seems too good to be true.

Last edited by MEMPHIS91; 06-27-16 at 06:05 PM..
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote