View Single Post
Old 03-29-11, 07:32 PM   #13
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino 660 View Post
...my questions on the condenser hookup,
i guess mainly the controlling of the loopfield pump should i use the fan power to run the loopfield pump and not pre circulate and circulate after the heatpump ran to chill the loop?
I understand the logic behind a heating system that would wait until the plenum was up to temp to turn on, and wait until the plenum's heat was extracted to turn off the fan, but in your case, when the compressor goes off, no more heat will be transferred, so I can't see that there's any advantage in continuing to circulate water in the loop... ditto pre-circulation.

Quote:
after i sell my truck i plan on doing 2 kw of solar pv
and doing windows i built my own solar collector for SHW and will install it after the pv install (code nazies dont like home made stuff)
Wow, good going with the solar, Joe! With your eco-renovations, you'll probably be able to sell electricity back to the power company, even while you're running your heat pump.

Quote:
you are very correct about my house cbs construction i would do the white roof but im not sure on the deed restrictions where i live and looks lol i have thought of it before though
I can't comment on deed restrictions, but I can speak favorably about aluminum shingle roofs. I have that type on my house, its been on for about 20 years or so. Looks like it was installed a couple of years ago... and I know it'll look just the same twenty years from now. I went with green painted aluminum. I certainly wish I had gone with 'mill finish' (plain unpainted aluminum), it would have been a superior heat reflector. It's become expensive to buy, but I think that there's an opportunity for DIY there too. I don't know how close you are to the ocean, salt air might be a deal breaker.

Quote:
...i am only 23 so i think i may be the youngest person to do geothermal...
I think most people do geothermal when they are later in life and have saved up the money for the big expense of geothermal installation.

You are really smart and have the gumption and knowledge to DIY your own system.

...that puts you way ahead of the game.

Good Luck!

-AC_Hacker