View Single Post
Old 01-27-11, 11:49 AM   #7
TimJFowler
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
We now have R60 worth of cellulose in the attic and R10 to R14 of spray foam in the crawl spaces, the total project cost about $2,200 to add this insulation, hired the spray foam out and did the cellulose our selves, our first heating bill showed a decrease over last year of about $15 while showing an increase in heating degree days, this last bill was exactly the same heating degree days as last year and was a reduction of $40, a savings of about 20%, now we have a manual set thermostat and have been feeling better about keeping the house warmer now that it's better insulated, our friends even comment now that our house feels very evenly warm and cozy, no more cold floors or drafts mixed with bursts of hot air swirling around.
Ryland,

I'm interested in hearing what the % reduction in energy use has been after you get the 2nd months bills.

I recently finished a weather sealing project at our house and I'm actually excited about getting our next natural gas bill so I can see if there has been a quantifiable change.

Tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TimJFowler is offline   Reply With Quote