View Single Post
Old 06-02-14, 08:35 AM   #283
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
I have been talking to people all morning. Here are two parts of the bill for net metering customers.

This sounds what I have today except annually you pay us wholesale for extra power. (this is good)
(4) The utility shall maintain an account of any net excess kWh credits accruing from the customer-generator's excess generation and allow those kWh credits to be used to offset the customer-generator's energy usage during future billing periods. Annually, the utility shall pay the customer-generator for any accrued net excess generation at the utility's avoided cost for qualified facilities, zeroing-out the customer-generator's account of net excess kWh credits.

This is not clear what is this new rate? is it rate I will pay for extra power I use and not generate? I am only grandfathered for 6 years. Section 58-40-20. (A) Net energy metering rates approved by the commission under the terms of this chapter shall be the exclusive net energy metering rates available to customer-generators. Upon commission approval, such net energy metering rates shall supersede all prior net energy metering rates. Customer-generators whose net energy metering facilities were energized prior to the availability of net energy metering rates approved by the commission under the terms of this chapter may remain in historic net energy metering programs through December 31, 2020.
This is not very clear.

The $12 a year from everyone that get power from them extra will go to the power CO for “support solar development”
What's going on here is that there is a powerful movement spearheaded by Charles Koch (pronounced Coke for all those not familiar with him). Koch is calling all net metering advocates "free riders" and has started a defensive group called ALEC.

The bottom line is that Koch is an oil and energy conglomerate (read monopoly) not simply happy with the fact that Koch industries made him nine billion dollars last year, he wants to control ALL the energy. PV and wind represent autonomy to him and money he is not getting when we use EV's (electric vehicles) or sell energy back to the grid. So ALEC is attempting to control the PV, etc. and deter new PV systems by individuals. PV systems established by power companies are OK because the wealth, through energy, is still controlled by the power company and thus they have the advantage of charging anything they want along with the fact that they eliminate those of us who are working towards energy independence.
No one told Charles Koch that the sun is still free and the energy from fossil fuel he's selling is still energy that was created by the sun!

So think about this, why should any power company have the right to zero out our gain? Do they zero out customers' bills every year?

Last month Germany produced 74% of its power from alternates, I'm wondering if the Koch brothers can stop that movement. The twenty first century will be the century of alternate energy, no country will be able to compete in the industrial world without adopting a massive alternate energy infrastructure. China, Germany and a bunch of other countries already know that... we're already behind.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote