View Single Post
Old 10-23-17, 12:19 PM   #72
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Even the cheap models have a COP of 3. When its time to buy I am thinking will get the cheapest model I can find and call the problem solved.

A meager $750 12K unit would have a fast pay back time especially so if you buy or rent a Vacuum pump and install it yourself.
If you are getting it for a place you plan to stay in a while i would go ahead and pay a little more money. (That is if you have it.) In my case i just didnt have the extra money to spend on mine and i needed something that i wouldnt freeze or burn slam up with . I was using a very inefficient space heater to heat with and it wasnt worth it to keep using that thing . Either way you go mini split will be worth it . I went cheap. If i was in the same boat with money . I still would. When the time comes to get another one though . I will probably go for a much higher seer rating. Temps here get cool here but not so much temp wise. Its the miserable wet cold unfortunately.
I havent had any complaints so far with my el cheap o kozy kool. I did also make sure mine had a decent compressor though before i bought it. That may be a reason .
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote