View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 09:13 PM   #82
where2
DIY Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasixteth View Post
So yours basically rest inside a custom made holder (not conduit) you made on your roof to the junction box then from the box out to the meter it is conduit ?
Between the roof and the attic is routed down through a small weatherhead like electric power entrances into a building usually use. That leaves a drip loop and a method to go through the roof. I come into the custom panel in the attic in conduit, then leave the custom panel in 10/3+G UF (yes, underground feeder). I chose the UF cable because it carries 90°C insulation ratings, and because you can generally run it just like Romex. It was rather interesting snaking a double run of 10/3+G down from the second floor attic.

Once I get down into the first floor wall, my wire is run in a wiring chase above the electrical panel, then just passing through the interior breaker panel, then in conduit out the wall to the exterior breaker panel (again, just passing through), then over to the PV combiner panel via conduit. From the combiner panel, I'm in some 6AWG stranded individual conductors back through the conduit with the UF wire to get to the exterior breaker panel which is also the service entrance/meter box. My electric service is actually fed underground through the backyard and up into the exterior meter panel/service entrance/breaker box. The residence service entrance 150A disconnect is on the outside of the house, where the fire department can use it. The PV disconnect is adjacent to the service entrance box, and clearly labeled with reflectorized decals.

It's a somewhat convoluted route, but it saved me hanging more exterior conduit on the house just for a wire chase.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote