View Single Post
Old 08-16-10, 08:21 AM   #105
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Tim, thanks for the interest and kind words on my barn project. It is becoming larger than life!

Nothing photo-worthy at all happened this weekend. I just worked on getting tar paper up on the garage door end of the building and trying to outsmart the two walk-in doors. I need to fix the concrete part of the threshold to accept the door. As it stands now, the metal threshold that a prehung door comes with sticks out about 1 1/4" past the concrete. That's sure to be a problem soon if I don't address it now.

You wouldn't believe the amount of time I've spent trying to find and buy a paint color I like for the building. Since we designed it to look like an old barn that went through a restoration {renovation?}, I wanted to paint it a somewhat traditional barn red. After way too much time wasted on buying quarts of paint to try colors, I finally have ten gallons of paint to get me started. Ricky volunteered to help paint. We're painting the Hardieplank before we hang it.

I may have to hire someone to hang the siding when we get it painted. I can't hang it by myself and Ricky can't help on a ladder. Will has become tied up in other matters and that makes it tough. Of course, all the help they've all given has been very greatly appreciated. I owe them all a serious debt of gratitude.
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote