View Single Post
Old 09-04-13, 09:26 AM   #1560
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default The "Manifesto" Is Not A Talking Shop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehull View Post
But what about my brother, who can't recall "righty tighty, lefty loosey" with a socket wrench? Not everyone has the time, brains or initiative to do it as has been you and others as described here.
The EcoRenovator site in general, and the Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto thread in particular, are not aimed at people such as your brother. Not only would this web site be of very little interest to your brother (self-filtering), but were your brother to start posting, with his disregard for learning the most rudimentary aspects of mechanics, he would be roundly dismissed (peer-filtering).

This website and this thread are rare pieces of Internet real estate where people with gumption and talent share their work and ideas that either apply to their work, or are tempered by their actual experiences.

We do have visitors who don't understand this and think it is just a "talking shop", and they mindlessly exercise their keyboards (not so different from tossing trash out the window of a car)... which tends to make this rare space as littered and worthless as so much of the rest of the Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehull View Post
  • But without large subsidies....
  • I can tell you that a 2.5 ton Waterfurnace...
  • Here is an interesting approach
  • In Edmond, OK, the local electric...
  • Here, the summer peak load for electricity...
  • The customer saves $, the cost of...
  • Increasingly, here in central OK, we are on....
  • As individuals, it is hard for us to...
I'm glad Oklahoma is doing something.

Steve, this thread is for people who want to actually build Homemade Heat Pumps (not think about it, not hire it out) and for actually building loop fields and all the other related efforts.

Please respect this, and place posts that are not relevant to actually building heat pumps, or actually building loop fields, etc., in the Billiard room, or some other thread where they belong.

This is NOT a talking shop.

Is this clear?

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 09-04-13 at 09:31 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC_Hacker For This Useful Post:
charlesfl (09-04-13), randen (09-04-13)