View Single Post
Old 08-30-11, 09:33 AM   #930
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by braebyrn View Post
We used a camera today to show what the borehole looks like.

The video is actually over at 2:40. I don't have an editing program that works on .AVI format.

The video came out wide screen on youtube, and I don't know how to fix that. It makes the hole look bigger than it is.
There's a Free video editing program called VirtualDub that can fix both of these things. You'll need to locate a tutorial somewhere. I've been using it for years, wouldn't be without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braebyrn View Post
The borehole is only about 5 inches across so the rocks can look rather large. There are some that do stick out when you look down the hole. Now I know why the drilling machine bounces. It hits one of the larger rocks and moves over until it passes. Then it goes back to the center again. Now sure how that will work if you put a casing down. Good thing I am only putting the geo pipes down and then filling it up with grout.
Looks good... nothing fatal.

Whenever you do get around to the grouting part, you'll want to keep in mind that the tubing will be much lighter than the grout, and might want to float up out of the hole. I have seen people using weights (like window sash weights) tied to the bottom of the loops to pull them down. Might help to fill them with water too.

I ended up just refilling the holes with the dirt that came out. I used lots of water with the dirt to promote settling. I was having the problem with the loops wanting to come up out of the hole, but I found that if I threw inseveral shovel-fulls of dirt first before any water, the loops stayed where they belonged.

Keep going, you're off to a great start.

-AC_Hacker