View Single Post
Old 09-26-17, 11:30 AM   #45
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Thanks for further input were getting this nut cracked.

The arrangement

It will be exhausting cooler air out from the rec room floor via a low sucking cardboard vent attached to the side intake extended down near the floor to gather and expel the coolest room air and cycle the upper warmer room air for heat to drift upstairs.
It will be set 3 feet off the floor so the indoor fan will cycle the upper warmer air threw the indoor fan.

The temp

The temp difference from floor to 5 feet above might only be a 5* or 7* difference ( yet to be tested) but should still help its economy.
Every teak will help when its running 12 or 18 hrs a day on cold nights
Its 31 inches tall so when placed on a table to vent straight out , the room fan will draw air from about 65 inches off the floor or 5 1/2 feet.

~~~~~~~~

Tests

Today have been studying on fan speeds comparing the top name mini splits factory rating to a independent tests chambers results .

The results were similar to advertised

I found that with the compressor speed set on high the best COP at any temp was made with the Fans on high as well.
Because this unit has non inverter compressor it runs at full speed so the highest Fan speeds will provide the highest COP.
I should swap the 4 inch Vent plate for a 6 inch vent and gain the airflow COP it should provide.

The stove vent outlet plates cost $40 so it makes fiscal sense to swap it out to get the units maximum COP rating.
The last tweak I can think of a HRV but is too expensive at near 1000 dollars but I like the idea.

The basement and front doors both leak air the stoves overhead fan vent leaks 24-7 so most of those drafts will be used as the intake air for the exhaust.

With the unit running it will reverse the airflow instead of flowing out the cracks it will come in and out the AC although at a higher rate it at least will draw from the houses current losses.

I think its going to work out pretty well in this case

If you think of affordable tweaks let me know I'll try them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote