View Single Post
Old 05-25-12, 12:12 PM   #6
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

"As for power consumption, it tops out at 13 watts under load and 4 watts when idle."

I've watched my netbook consume more power than that. ..this is with the inefficiencies of the power supply though too. I'm certain if I was just looking at the system board itself with identical components to what is shown here and excluded the power supply losses, display, and hard drive that I might be sitting within the same realm. I'm certain whatever display people would add to this would easily send the unit beyond the minuscule 14 watt consumption this uses. I'd imagine most of the power used by this thing are to convert the cell phone components on this device to interface with the audio, video, network, USB, HDMI, VGA, etc components.

For what it's worth, with my cell phone on full brightness, bluetooth on, wifi on, phone trasceiver ready, and using the wifi to receive an internet connection which watching Youtube, I calculated my cell phone to run at 2.547 watts. I couldn't come up with a way to load the phone up more than that and wasn't looking to overclock it. The phone gets a bit warm with the video and wifi going though.

Nifty little computer though.

Last edited by MN Renovator; 05-25-12 at 12:19 PM..
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote